Friday, July 4, 2008

Humbled...

OK... I CAN NOT believe I am sharing this story on my blog. Talk about vulnerable!!! Please do not judge me. I'm already shamed.

So we are at the pool today ... and Addie had to tee-tee. Bad. So I take her behind the lawn chairs and let her tinkle in the grass. It's a community pool with a grassy area... and so I just let her water the lawn a little. I thought it was cute... even called to my friend Julie to look. While it was cute to me... apparently not every one thought so. (Julie did :-)
Someone told on me. YEP. GOT BUSTED. The manager of the pool came up to me and said "can I talk to you?" UGH. The funny thing is I had no idea what she could have been upset about. The fact that I just let Addie urinate in the grass didn't even cross my mind. That is HOW OBLIVIOUS I WAS. So she says "Did you just let your little girl pee in the grass?" and I said "yes" (I was SO EMBARRASSED) and then she said "Please do not do that." Then I went on to try to justify it a tad because she had to go bad and at least she didn't pee in the pool... blah blah blah...
Then she went on to say that someone complained the other day too. Then... I was completely HUMBLED. Yes, it wasn't our first offense. It's just so easy for her to go in the grass. It's usually not busy at the pool when I let her go. She goes in what I thought was a discreet area. She just pulls the suit over to the side... she doesn't take the suit down. ANYWAY... It was wrong. I realize it now. I am TOTALLY humbled and embarrassed.
Ted comes back to the pool after running an errand (because Abel has PINK EYE) and I told him what happened. I said "I got in trouble for letting Addie pee in the grass" and he said "Good! That's gross". WHAT??
My eyes have been opened today. I will no longer allow my child to pee in the grass at the pool.
I am sorry if I offended you (too).

14 comments:

Coffeybunny said...

I am a Serial Let Kids Pee in the Grass Offender too. I confess.

sar said...

haha, i never even told my mom i had to go pee in the first place...probably better for everyone in the grass than in the pool :D

oh, and i once had to do the same [[only worse!]] in the woods behind my elementary school one summer...we had walked there, 25 mins from home & i got sick...my mom handed me leaves and all :D

demp5 said...

Let me just say that my children have done "big jobs" in public places. Not some of my finer parenting moments, but sometimes we have no choice. See, as a mom of four, sometimes you just can't get everyone out of the pool, head to the potty . . . I feel your pain, girl :)
Meghan

Elizabeth Lyons said...

I think you need to figure out who tattled and then follow them around for a day and tattle on them each and every time they do something "offensive." Honestly, the tattlers are usually the worst offenders themselves!

But maybe I'm just bitter today for heaven only knows what reason!

Liz

Anonymous said...

okay... i would have totally let my kids pee in the grass. In fact, Max pees outside on a regular basis.

I would not have been offended if I had seen that.... silly.

Sorry Abel doesn't feel good.

obligato said...

It was a very funny moment in my life that I will never forget. Tracie getting yelled at! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

xoxo

A Team said...

ok... yelled at? I wasn't yelled at but I did get the mom face/pricipal office look from the pool manager. That's ok though... I deserved it.

So glad you were there Julie to mark that moment in your mind forever! and to remind me of it as well.... you are such a good friend!

Blog Shmog said...

i'm sorry but this is really funny. :) I guess after living in europe for 5 years where people let their children pee on everything anywhere all the time this would totally not offend me. You are funny.

Eastiopians said...

Gross, but super funny! :) I just would have gotten a giggle out of it myself. Tattlers need to just keep an eye on their own kids. Hold your head up high at the pool...you've made "your mark." Okay, I won't pick on you anymore. Ha ha. :)

Erin said...

This is totally unfair because little boys get to pee in the bushes all the time and just never get caught. At least around these parts :) Thanks for sharing.

Erin

John and Heather said...

Oh bless you Tracie! You are so humble. I let my kiddos do that ALL THE TIME, opps! Maybe I'll think twice next time my kiddos need to pee in the grass, remember I said maybe;) That really is just funny, but you handled it so well!

Robin said...

TOO FUNNY!! The getting caught part , of course!! I think we have all had a "bathroom" moment with at least one of our kiddos!!! At least you KNOW where she peed! The rest of the littles ones just used the pool!EEEWWWEEE!! I can avoid the grass, but the pool is hard to miss!!

A Team said...

Someone just broke wind that you had a misunderstanding with the pee police and an undeserved peeing disaster! Let me start off by saying that I believe it was in good taste seeing as I enjoy peeing outside every day. Throughout Russia, it is still commonplace to pull over on the side of the road (men on one side and women on the other) and relieve themselves while everyone on the bus is accustomed to looking forward only. I'm all about getting back to the basics. When did we get to the place where we can't use the grass to pee in??? It's offensive to me that we've gotten so high society that we can't use our grass to relieve ourselves. All of our ancestors peed in their grass! Long live the backyard pee-ers!
First class white trash - Chris

Kristi J said...

That is hilarious....I always let my boys pee ANYWHERE!! People that complained obviously didn't have 4 kids...I feel your pain girl. I think it is funny, Kristi