Saturday, July 26, 2008

Great Weekend

We had a great weekend visiting with Ted's parents. They had not met baby Abel yet so they came up for a visit. I commend them because it is a LONG drive. The kids could not wait until they arrived. It was sweet to have them counting down the days. This is probably my favorite picture (above) from the whole weekend. Ted's dad is an outdoor kinda guy. He pretty much just stays outside in a lawn chair smoking his pipe. Well, he had a buddy the entire weekend. Addie was crazy about being with him. I loved pulling up in the drive way today and seeing her strawberry shortcake chair next to his lawn chair.

Ted's Aunt and Uncle were able to join us on Friday for the day. Their daughter came as well. We went out to a really cool park in the area and Ted introduced them to Geo Caching. They loved it!




After a walk and Geo Caching (treasure hunting is what I call it), we headed to the play area of the park. Abel loves his swing time.




Addie does too.





We spent a lot of time outside. Abel got a smootch (watch out Maya) from our neighbor's daughter. She walked right up to him and kissed him - on the lips. It was too cute!




Addie is the biggest snuggle bug!




If you have older kids, I am sure you know that the Hannah Montana concert in 3D was on tonight. Well, Mawmaw and Pawpaw were good sports. haha! I love this picture.


What a fun weekend. Thank you Polo and Lorraine for coming to see us. The kids enjoyed every minute of it. We did too. Thank you for the kid's surprises and for spending such sweet time with us! We love you!

2 comments:

missy said...

we're adopting from ET and I found your blog. i absolutely love the 3D hannah montana picture. i want to hang out with mawmaw and pawpaw now too!!!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

looks like great fun ... i have missed checking in on you, but life has been twirly, crazy, busy ... catch up w/ you soon ...

p.s. I get lots of compliments on my cards ... may have to order more soon because I have handed about 1/2 of them out ..