1. Teething toys. First - we put them in the fridge/freezer, had the cutest teething toys that were out there... etc. Last - gave him a Barbie tonight to chew on at the pool. (pics below)



2. Food. First - followed the stages of food. Only gave Gerber foods. Used those AWFUL Bitter Biscuits that smear EVERYWHERE. Last - favor snack... our left over pizza crust.
3. Toys. First - we had all the education toys that would stimulate Ave's brain. I even had flash cards that I would show Ave (in black and white of course). Last - anything is a toy... Spatula, spoon, phone... whatever I can get my hands on that won't hurt him.
4. Videos - First - Ave watched ONLY educational videos. We even had a get together with friends when Steve left Blue's Clues and Joe came on the show. Last - HANNAH MONTANA theme song will probably be the first song Abel sings.
5. Schedules - First - Ave was on a schedule and we followed what all the books said. Last - We follow our hearts! We are much more relaxed now!
6. LOVE - First - Crazy about her! Last - Crazy about him! and THE TWO IN BETWEEN!


(Yes, I am going crazy with the picture taking! Met the NEATEST lady who showed let me use some of her equipment and spent time teaching me! Saving my pennies for a new lens :-) It takes a lot more than pennies :-)
6 comments:
This post gave me the giggles... because I look over and see Grace playing/chewing on a rubber snake, plastic dinosaur, and lots of fun pirate toys!!! Oh, how much more relaxed one gets when it's not your FIRST baby!!!
Lovin' all the pics!!! :)
-Suzi
GREAT pics! You are getting so good!!
~Dawn
Again, love the pics. I laughed so hard because I could relate with the birth order. My first never knew chocolate and sweets until he was years old...my third would get a sip of my coffee so he would not fall asleep in the car (and then throw off his bed time.) Oh well, they both are happy, healthy and well adjusted for the moment.
Your children are so beautiful!
Is it wrong that I do things that you're doing with the last child with our first? :)
Amazing pics!! So funny reading the differences- is that not the truth. ;)
Haha, I love this! I can SO relate. We were incredibly uptight with our first -- poor thing -- and pretty much threw in the towel after #2. Our 3, 4, and 5 got it pretty easy! :)
Post a Comment