Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our BOY is 8 months old... TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ARE HAVING FUN!
















I can not believe this precious babe is already 8 months old. Time is flying by!




Tomorrow morning he will officially be an American. Isn't that amazing? Just a year ago I had no idea who he was going to be and now, he lives here... and he is so a part of our family. He is just another child in our family... I do not see his color... unless I am adoring it. He has gorgeous coloring!



He was planned to be our child before the foundation of the world. Knit together in his mother's womb while God's story was still unfolding. Born on November 5, 2007, the very day that five years before my mom had gone to be with Jesus. On the same day that brought such pain... now, there is such LIFE to celebrate! Beauty from Ashes! A garment of praise, for my heaviness. The LORD RESTORING the years the Locust had eaten (I will look up these verses to add to this post).
I adore this little baby boy. HE IS OURS! HE IS A SON. HE IS A BROTHER. HE HAS A MOM and A DAD THAT ADORE HIM. HE HAS SISTERS THAT CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF HIM and A BROTHER THAT GIGGLES AT HIS EVERY MOVE.
These past 4 months have been amazing! Rich and full of meaning. God blessed us!!! HE BLEW US AWAY in HIS BLESSING and so we want to TURN THAT BACK TO HIM and SAY ... THANK YOU... THANK YOU FATHER! For it is from you whom all blessings flow. Bless YOUR name for YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY!



Here is what the "not so little" guys is up to. He is crazy about his brother and sisters. I'm pretty sure the one he is happiest to see if Ave. She is the oldest and is very gently with him. The other two DO NOT UNDERSTAND personal space. We are taking this opportunity to address that. They are crazy about him.
I'm pretty sure he's crazy about us. He smiles so big when he see Ted or myself in the morning that his passy falls out. He loves to be held and he will press in close. He loves to sleep... which momma totally digs. He like to smile and hit on things. It's cute. We've started giving him some table food... his favorite... The Pizza bone (crust). He eats about 4 jars a day of baby food. He is crawling like a baby on a mission. It is SO CUTE! and now... he is standing. He is moving mighty fast. I feel like each day he has discovered something new. We love this precious baby boy!! THANK YOU JESUS to see fit for Abel to join our family as our son. We don't take it lightly ... WE LOVE HIM!

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy 8 months little one!!!

The Gresham Clan said...

What a precious and beautiful post. You say so much that many of us feel - thank you for this tribute to what God has done for your family!

Kristin

emily said...

What a beautiful post my sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

beautitful post...and pictures!!

demp5 said...

We celebrate with you! Isn't it crazy that one year ago this was all in the planning, and now this precious boy is SO completely a part of your family!? God truly does delight in blessing us beyond our wildest imaginations :)

John and Heather said...

Happy 8 months Abel! He belongs to a precious family. It is still crazy to me to wake up each morning and see the gifts God has given me:) Precious gifts!! God has done great things and will continue to do great things; that's the cool part! I wonder what's next?

Gwen Oatsvall said...

how precious !!! there are days when I wish I could just blink and be in Ethiopia to get my babies, but I know God's timing is more perfect than mine ... He is one special gift from the Lord !!!!