Saturday, July 12, 2008

AGCI PICNIC = good times :-)

Yea Adoption!


We had such a great time today at the AGCI picnic! The weather was SO NICE ... then it got hot! It was so much fun to meet people that I've talked with through blogs and e-mail. There were lots of precious kids there from all over the world.




LOOK WHO CAME ALL THE WAY FROM PORTLAND, OREGON! Yep... drum roll please... this is THE Julie Salwasser.




And I got to meet Amy Rudy... who came all the way from DC.

Amy is 30 weeks pregnant. Here is her precious babe from ET.... Isn't he cute!

These two girls... also from Ethiopia ... were enjoying a bottle of bubbles. How precious are they? Liyah on the left was the first the first child adopted from Ethiopia through All God's Children. Her parents have become friends of ours through this process and live here in town... just a minute from us. Sunny (on the right) has been home a few months. I met her mom through this process as well. The adoption community has brought some neat people into our lives!

How cute are Maya and Abel playing in this little baby gate thing that Josh and Julie brought... GENIUS!

And what's a picnic with out a CLOWN! This clown does the most amazing face painting. I put a few pictures on my picture blog. Check them out.



Here are my girls with their faces painted... SO PRETTY!


My friend Stacy... holding her baby girl and my baby boy :-)




My Buddy... Jules!


Charlotte came out for the picnic too. I was so glad she came!

13 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

I wish I could have come too:(
I would have cornered Julie S. for some travel dates:)
Looks like tons of FUN!!!
How nice was it to have Julie S. at your picnic!!!!

Michelle
(please pray that we make travel)

obligato said...

Nice pics as usual. I stole the one of us and Julie S. It was a great day!

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing so many pics from the picnic. That looked like a great time.

Erin

sar said...

how fun! i'm glad you had a good time and it looks like you are all on the mend!

i'm going to try to make it to the atlanta one in august!

Coffeybunny said...

Thanks so much for the adorable pictures! We had such a great time, also thanks for arranging the picnic. See you and the sweet family soon.

Leah Reeves said...

Looks like sooo much fun. I think our agency is going to plan a
get-together before long.

Troy said...

Thank you for all that you did for the picnic. Amber and I had a great time and it was great to meet you & Ted. Thank you for your support and encouragement as we begin this adventure!

Jana said...

How fun, I am very jealous of the Salwasser time. We have been super thankful for her!

emily said...

Looks like so much fun!

Call me later. :)

Coming to Amharica said...

That looked like so much!! That is awesome that Julie Salwasser came too!!

Great pics! I need to check on your photo blog...


Dee Dee

Kristi J said...

Julie S is also my person. She seems great!! I wish I could have made it since it was so close to Brentwood, but I never even tried since my kid's never seem to travel well. Maybe next year...thanks for the great pics though..kristi J

Jesse and Amy said...

it was great to see you all in person! we had a great time! thanks!

Laurzie said...

OOOHH! Jealousy! That looks awesome! I wish we had one near us, too. I was asked to coordinate, and had to stifle a big, "SHUUUUH!" Not this year anyway. :)