Saturday, February 14, 2009

Long Time... No Post (SEE POST BELOW ABOUT ADDIE'S BIRTHDAY)... I posted these in the wrong order

I have not posted in a while. Just been busy. I really do want to post more. I am going to try to.

I haven't been taking many pictures lately. Here are a few things that have been going on....

Abel loves to strip off his diaper. There are many days where I see cute little brown buns running across the living room. I love it! I just don't love it when I sit in pee. YEP... you heard me right. We didn't realize he was diaperless... Normally we can tell but this day he had on overalls that were not buttoned on the legs (that makes sense if you are a mom of a baby who wears overalls)... anywho... We didn't know he was bare bottomed. I sat down at the kitchen table (which is Abel's FAVORITE place to hang out... he is ALWAYS climbing on chairs) and I sat in "water". I was putting on my shoes to run out the door because we were late headed to a birthday party. I asked Ted if he could button Abel's overalls before we left. He said "He doesn't have on a diaper!!". THAT WAS NOT WATER I SAT IN.

Abel also feels very relaxed when he takes a bath... how do I know? He POOPS! YEP... we've had a few of those episodes lately.

One more cute Abel story. I realized the other day that he was trying to sing something. He was make two grunt noises and then he would sit down. I thought... I bet he is singing Ring Around the Rosie. So I started singing it. IT WAS! Someone must have taught him that. I am guessing he learned it at Thursday school (where I teach). It is so cute to see him do it. I have to get it on video. When I do I will post it.

Avery had a science fair this week. She did a project on levers. It was so cute to see her present her project. I am so proud of her! She is doing great in school and went to her first slumber party a week ago. Right now she is really into the books that her daddy reads to her (he is reading Ink Heart to them) and she loves to change her earrings. She bought her first pair of earrings today (with her own money).

Aidan is learning to read. I am so proud of him. We are making it through our phonics lessons and he is catching on so well. He really understands math and loves to make up his own problems. It's cute to listen to him. He is always skip counting. He is also coaching Addie on her math skills (she struggles in the math department). Aidan is all about Ted's old Game Boy. He plays old games on it. He wants a Nintendo DS but is so content to have his dad's older model.

Addie turned 5 TODAY. I'm gonna do another post tonight about our day. She would just giggle when you would mention her birthday was coming up. She is such a love. She is so obedient right now. She has been that child that has always kept us on our parenting toes. WELL... She is in a phase right now where she wants to please us. She is always offering help and loves to do chores. I am SO THANKFUL for this phase!
Here are a few fun pictures...

This is so typical. Abel loves to sit on top of the kitchen table. Ted is good about telling him not to. I just think it's so cute how proud he is of himself. Here he is eating a muffin. It was Aidan's muffin. Smile with your eyes... (cause you ALWAYS have that passie in your mouth). In fact, he walks around with a few in hand.

My black scarf. Just thought it was a cute picture.

This has become a bad habit. She loves to sleep in OUR BED! Just call me a BIG FAT ENABLER... because I love to snuggle with her. I am so thankful for Avery because Avery has started sleeping in bed with her so she won't come in our room at night! What a great big sister. YES... they both sleep in a twin bed.

another sleeping picture


This kid LOVES to eat. He grunts... and NOW HE IS SAYING "MAMA... MAMA"... until he is fed. He does not lack in persistence! AT ALL

SISTERS! although Abel loves to put things on his head. It is very normal for me to see him walk out with something on his head. Yesterday, it was TED'S UNDERWEAR... (they were clean!)



3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awww. Eli has been going to the bathroom in the bath too! What the heck? The other morning, I was getting ready to give him a bath and I turned around and he was peeing on the bathroom. Just standing there like it was no big deal. :)

Don't you love the snugglers? I told everyone that I would never have a child sleep in our bed. Then, Eli came home. He has slept in our bed every night...until tonight. I'm pretty sad that he's in his crib. I'm pretty sure he'll be really sad when he wakes up and realizes he's in his crib! I'm pretty sure he'll be back in bed with us before the night is over :)

Rebecca said...

I meant to say peeing on the bathroom rug :)

Amber said...

Your kids are adorable! I am in the process of adopting as well from ET and had a question. We also have three bio kids, do you have any advice from your experience in making sure they all feel part of the family? adopt_ethiopia@yahoo.com www.thisgivesmehope.blogspot.com