Wednesday, February 18, 2009

IT IS ABEL DAY!

Happy Abel day to you... Happy Abel day to you... Happy Abel day dear ABEL... Happy Abel day to you!

A year ago today we walked through this gate...


and this is what we saw....




We were already in LOVE but we got to see and hold our SON FOR THE FIRST TIME!


It was a dream come true!
and ALL of our LIVES were forever changed... FOR THE BETTER!!!!
We adore you Abel...

You can read about that day .... http://anceletadoption.blogspot.com/2008/02/we-are-here.html

TO CELEBRATE ABEL DAY we went to Chic Fil A and let Abel have his very own ICE CREAM CONE! ARE WE NUTS???


Abel... you put your ice cream down?? WHY?

OH... You got a phone call... You crazy TODDLER YOU!








What is that Abel?... you want some of my coke?... SURE! It's Abel day... drink up. (Every day must be Abel day because I always give this kid a sip of my coke!)




So Abel... how do you feel about being in our lives for ONE YEAR TODAY?


That's how we feel too! We are SO GRATEFUL and we APPLAUD OUR GOD IN HEAVEN who blessed us with you! We love you SO MUCH!

12 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

We celebrated "R" Day today, too! And we're thinking of you guys and glad to see Mr. Adorable Abel enjoyed his day as much as R did. Love from M, A, and R :)

Lori said...

Happy Abel Day!!!

missy said...

abel day...what a wonderful holiday! so fun to see those pictures. for some reason the one in front of the gate especially gives me chills. maybe because we will have a picture like that too someday. no better way to celebrate than chic-fil-a. we don't have them where we live.

Troy said...

Happy Abel Day! ... quite the little man ... can't wait to get over to see y'all again ... hopefully as a family of 3 at the picnic :)

Kristi J said...

That is so adorable!! I've followed your blog for almost a year now.. I can't believe it!! Now, a year later, we have a referral and we're about to meet our daughter for the first time...I can't wait! Thanks for leading the way for the rest of us :) He's so adorable, kristi

Rebecca said...

Such a sweet post for a sweet boy!

I love that you gave him an ice cream cone! He totally deserves it :)

cb4swife said...

Happy Abel Day! Thanks for sharing this! My hubby and I are leaving on 3/8 to get our little guy. Your blog was one of the first blogs I stalked from AGCI over a year ago and I remember you getting him. You have a beautiful family :) God Bless...Shannon

Michael said...

Happy Abel Day!!!!!! I remember this day like it was yesterday....you were one of my first blogs I starting reading or should I say living through:) I was so excited to watch your adoption process while waiting for my FDL. I can't believe it's been one year!!!! Are you ready to go back????

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Abel Day!!! YAY!! You are such a big, fun man!! i love all the pictures Tracie!!

Michelle Riggs said...

Happy Abel Day! I can't believe it has been a year. Abel is adorable!

The Redman's said...

Wow! A year! Oh how I remember the phone calls and emails leading up to the referral and then travel! And now he's home and thriving in a BEAUTIFUL family.

What an amazing blessing!!!

Teabo Chica said...

I can not believe its been one whole year, is that crazy! Oh my gosh! I love how big he is getting you are so precious!!!