Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's been a while...

I am not posting as much as I want to. Honestly, every time recently that I have put batteries in my new camera, they weren't strong enough. I am always taking batteries out of my flash (for my other camera) and putting new ones in (to make it power up faster) ANYWAY... I have a bowl full of DUDS! I just got some new recharables! I AM SO EXCITED!
ANYWAY... here are a few updates of what we have been up to over here...

Our last day for the semester at co-op was last Thursday. What a fun day! I love these kids!
This is my first class... BLAST (Bible Learning And Share Time). We do a lesson and a craft each week in this class. The kid learn Bible verses and we are WILD FOR JESUS :-)

This is my second class... Look Into Lit. I normally share a book with the class and then we do some type of lesson with that book. Sometimes we cook, we do crafts, we do geography lessons, science lessons, math lessons... It is a FUN CLASS! This day was bring your favorite book day.
I DID NOT TAKE A PICTURE WITH MY 3rd CLASS - which is my K-2 Math class. AMUSING MATH.

This is my 4th class... AMUSING MATH 3-5. This is my biggest class at Thursday Connection. We have LOADS of fun playing math games to learn math concepts. This class is full of LIFE!

Our co-op starts back up in January. I will miss the kids! I am going to enjoy the break though. I have lots to prepare for ... next Semester will be even better than the first!

-----------



We had our 2nd annual Christmas party for our LIFE group out at the Taylors. It was lots of fun!

Rudolph and his lovely wife picked us up and we drove out to HALLS together! ROAD TRIP. It's only 30 minutes but in K-town that is far :-)



Here are the ladies in my LIFE group (minus Patty)... TALL PEOPLE all around me!



I would have taken more pictures but this was one of the times my camera died.





---------



Abel is all about the remote at our house. He is ALWAYS finding them... trying to change the channels. I caught him this morning IN ACTION. HOW CUTE IS HE?



There are many a days that this little dude wakes up with NO DIAPER on. He takes it off. We need to learn to put pants on him. We usually just put him in a t-shirt to sleep. Well... here is again with out a diaper on. This is so Abel. He loves to be diaper free and he LOVES getting into the kitchen cabinets. I put the child proof things on there but he can pull them off.

SWEET STORY ALERT!
Tonight we were at Kohls. We were doing a little Christmas shopping and right at the end, Ted went to the car with the boys and I stayed in the store with the girls to check out. Well, Avery and Addie decided to play hide and seek while I was checking out (they now know that is NOT OK). So after calling Addie's name several times... she came out but she forgot her kitty. She had brought her favorite stuffed animal into Kohls and when she hid, she set it down.
She realized when we got to the car that she didn't have it. She started CRYING SO HARD! We went back in and could not find Sarah the Kitty. Addie is ALL ABOUT penguins in life right now. She LOVES them. She grabbed this penguin while we were in Kohls with HUGE tears and started hugging it for comfort. WELL... little did she know, I had already purchased that $5 penguin for her. She was crying and hugging the penguin (sending me a message ... mom, if you just buy this for me ... I will heal from the loss of my kitty). I leaned down and told her "Addie, I bought that penguin for you for Christmas... it's at home and when we get home, you can have it". She started to giggle. THE ADDIE GIGGLE. I love it. Here she is tonight... all snuggled up sleeping with her SNOW the PENGUIN. I wish I could have recorded the conversation in the car about how she should name the penguin Sarah to keep the memory of the kitty alive. It was hilarious... Ted and I just listened to the kids talking. She decided on Snow. HOW PRECIOUS!

3 comments:

Coming to Amharica said...

Tracie, that is soooooo Solomon. He loves the remote AND the power button! One time you mentioned that you think Solomon and Abel seem a lot alike......I agree in so many ways! Have you cut Abel's hair yet? It seems like you have.....how'd you do it? Solomon's due!

Dawn said...

Wow - he is getting so big! He is so stinkin cute. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Eastiopians said...

Great post Tracie! I love your class pics....So sweet. I hope the A Team has the best Christmas ever! I'm glad Addie has her Snow this Christmas season. :)