Monday, June 30, 2008

FAITH and CHUCK E CHEESE

Isn't it so cool when God does something in your personal life and you know He's just looking down winkin' at ya?! Well, that happened to me tonight at Chuck E Cheese. We were there for this sweet girl's birthday.

























and after being there for about an hour, I see a familiar face. (PAUSE)

(REWIND) Saturday night... I was at Wal-Mart... ALONE (which is very rare). I did my little bit of shopping and was waiting in line to check out. In front of me was this precious lady and her two blond hair, blue eyed girls. We smiled at each other .. she mentioned that her girls were tired and it was time for bed (it was after 8pm) and when the check out lady was done ringing up her groceries... this lady realized she didn't have her wallet. She had left it at Sams in the cart... in the parking lot. She asked the lady to hold her groceries and she'd be back. So here she goes with her two little girls (not sure how old they are but my guess is 2 maybe 3 and 4 maybe 5)to go and LOOK for her wallet. I checked out and left Wal-mart. I decided to go and see if I saw her in the Sams parking lot. I just whispered up a prayer... Lord, if you want me to help this lady... please let me see her. I turned a corner and there she was. So I rolled down my window and said "Did you find your wallet?" She said "yes!". I could tell she was a little weary but still had a precious smile on her face. I said "Hey... I know you don't know me but can I help you? What if I follow you back to Wal-Mart and watch your girls while you run in and get your groceries? She said "Yes, that would be great". When we got to Wal-Mart... her girls were a little freaked out by me watching them so she said "thanks anyway"... I said... "I wish I could go in and get the groceries for you." She said "Let's Try". So she gave me her credit card AND license and in I went. I must admit the woman at the register's face was quite confused. She said "Wait... you didn't know her did you?" I said "No, I just followed her" - WHICH SOUNDS EVEN CRAZIER...

Well, she let me buy her groceries with her credit card. SO I signed her name... haha. Then left with her groceries. I wheeled them out and we said goodbye. I got in the car and thought "Why didn't I get her information". I knew her first name... I couldn't remember her last name... and that was it.

I again just whispered up a little prayer... Lord, if you want us to be friends, I know I will see her again.



That was Saturday... today is Monday. We are at Chuck E Cheese... which we go to ONE IN A BLUE MOON. I look up and THERE SHE IS. I was so excited. It was her FIRST TIME to ever go to Chuck E Cheese. I ran up to her and said "Hey... I am the girl from Wal-Mart". We both were giddy excited and talked about how we both thought "Why didn't I get her information".

I asked her how long she had lived here and what her husband did. HE IS A PASTOR OF A CHURCH PLANT (haha... small world... that's what my husband does too). She lives down town. I live about 20 minutes west of where she lives.
We exchanged information and I just kept saying... This is SO AMAZING!

Isn't that a fun story?

9 comments:

Jana said...

Such a great story, it's always so great to know that God continues to care even in the "smallness" of errands and walmart. Who could of known, such joy at Chuck E. Cheese! I do believe last time I went there I left with a splitting headache:)

Our Princess said...

That's awesome! God does some pretty cool things at Chuck E. Cheese...He seems to like to show up there! Lol! I just made it through all the paperwork & we're going out of town Friday. I promise I'm calling you when we get home Monday! I'm sorry I've been such a bad friend! We have to get together!

Amy said...

This is an amazing story.. clearly you are supposed to be friends and in each others lives!

John and Heather said...

So cool and too fun! I love to hear the way God puts people in our lives; God is really too cool and too fun!

megan said...

Wow what an amazing story, it gave me goosebumps!!!

Laurzie said...

OK, I love this. God rocks! I love that He loves us so much that He puts friends in our path just when we need them.
Awesome!

Stacie said...

Wow! That is amazing!!

Sweet T.E.A. said...

That is so cool. You were just telling me that story on Sunday. I'm glad you found her again! BTW, thanks for commenting on my blog. Nobody else does, I feel like such a loser! hahaha! Peace.

Robin said...

All I can say is ,"WOW!"