
This is where we spent the last 5 1/2 years of our lives. I love this house. I love the memories that were made here.
Here's a top ten list of Overton Lane Memories (in no particular order) .....
10. The flat drive way and how all the neighborhood kids would gather here
9. The murals on the walls (OH HOW I WILL MISS THEM!). Thanks to my friend, Melissa Clayton, the kids enjoyed the most beautiful murals on their walls the entire time we lived here.

8. Bringing home baby Addison in Feb of 2004.
7. Looking at a picture of Abel FOR THE FIRST TIME in the living room on referral day (Dec 2007).
6. Bringing home Abel from Ethiopia in 2008.
5. Having the student ministry from our church start in our living room and then move to the basement... and then move out of our home because it was too big. Oh how I will miss the basement... the CATCH ALL!

4. Sweet relationships! These walls have heard LOTS of laughter, seen tears shed, heard prayers prayed, games played (Friday game nights!!), meals shared... so much relationship!

3. The Cherry Blossom tree in our front yard. I LOVE THAT TREE! I will miss the Bradford pear trees as well. The flowers are SO pretty. I won't miss the smell of the Bradford pear trees!
2. The Fall festivals that we would hold in our drive way for the neighborhood families (we will continue the Fall festival, it will just be in our new "hood".)
1. The love shared in this HOME! Having the Lord so faithfully meet us in this home. Seeing our kids grow in this place. Avery was 3 when we moved in and now she is 8. Aidan was just a year old and is now 6. They have lost their first teeth in this house, started school in this house (literally because we homeschool). We've doubled the amount of children while living in this home. We've had so many memories...
YOU WILL BE MISSED OVERTON LANE!
We have been through a whirl wind the last 2 weeks or so. I am THRILLED TO SAY, we closed on Overton Lane yesterday and on our new home TODAY! We have almost lived here for two weeks. We had a title issue on our Overton Lane house. Long story short, it all worked out (it had to do with the woman who owned it before us and her signing a document wrong)
Everyone involved was SO cooperative and all are THRILLED that it is finished. The girl who moved into our house (she moved in before the closing date) loves the house. She is so excited to be there and we pray it will bless her!
HERE IS WHERE WE NOW LIVE....
Just a whopping 4 miles away from Overton Lane. We fell in love with this neighborhood in November of 2008. I did not think it was possible for us to sell and move into this neighborhood, but we have. What a journey.
Here are a few pictures of the inside. I am still working but finally feel some what settled.

MORE PICTURES TO COME. I just need to take them!We are so grateful to start this new chapter in this new home. We are so thankful to the Lord for the way he ordered each step in this whole situation. We had several moments where we just knew it was HIM THAT MOVED for this to happen! THANK YOU JESUS!
5 comments:
SO exciting! I love the feeling of a fresh start in a new home. And how things just seem new and exciting in their new places. Let's see some more pictures, please. Congratulations!
precious memories in that darling home on overton lane...thanks for sharing some. now it's time for making new ones. what a beautiful home!
beautiful new home friend- so thankful that it all worked out! I have sweet memories from our first home as well- bringing kids home, etc...
I would love more pics of the new digs.
Congrats on the new home...we've been in our home for 7 years now...I can't imagine how hard it would be to leave now...Praying for sweet blessings in your new home, kristi
Wow! Congrats- only 2 weeks and it is already so clean and tidy! I'm impressed :)
Post a Comment