After painting the kitchen, I panicked a little. It seems SO green. But it is growing on me. I don't have much down time, but when I do, I like to watch HGTV. It gets me in trouble. I get a wild hair and then BOOM... GREEN KITCHEN. haha.

----------
Over the last 5 1/2 years, we have had the privilege of doing ministry with the Swoboda family. We moved here to be a part of a church plant which Brandon, along with Johnny Mazon were heading up. We have all been here the last 5 1/2 years watching the Lord's will unfold before our eyes.
Over the last 5 1/2 years, we have had the privilege of doing ministry with the Swoboda family. We moved here to be a part of a church plant which Brandon, along with Johnny Mazon were heading up. We have all been here the last 5 1/2 years watching the Lord's will unfold before our eyes.
We did not plan on the Swobodas leaving Knoxville, but the time has come for them to go home to Little Rock, AR. Betsy grew up there and her parents live there. They felt called back home to live life with her parents (not in the same house, just the same area :-). As they were in this transition, Betsy found out she is pregnant with their 7th child. They are looking forward to being settled in Little Rock where Brandon will working for Fellowship Bible Church there as a Community Pastor and both him and Betsy will have help with their full quiver of children :-)
WE LOVE YOU SWOBODA FAMILY. You will be greatly missed!!!!
We met the Swobodas at the park on the day they were leaving just to hug their necks one more time and say good bye. Of course, our kids all went straight for the creek and jumped in. I love that!
This Swoboda is our 5th child. He loves coming to the Ancelets. We will miss Conner Rey so very much. He loves Aidan and when asked his favorite places to go... He says our house and Disney World. How sweet is that?!!!
This is Betsy Jane. When we moved here... the Swobodas had 3 children. All BOYS. We have seen 3 baby girls born into their family. What a precious lady! I love you Betsy.
Loving on Abel before she goes....
Brandon and Ted
The guys and ALL 10 OF OUR KIDS!!----------
Also going on in our lives... My little photography business is growing. I have had so much fun doing this (very part time). I have actually booked 3 weddings for this summer. It is the summer of LOVE for Ancelet Photography. I am nervous and excited about these weddings. I will really be thinking through if wedding photography is something I want to pursue.
I was able to get some new equipment this summer. I still have SEVERAL things on my wish list but hopefully those things will come with time.
Here is a picture I took at the park yesterday with a new lens I just got.
If you want to see more of my pictures... go to
Of course, all of the kids are a HUGE part of our lives and what we have going on. Abel keeps us in stitches though. He has the FUNNIEST FACES! Tonight we all sat at the dinner table and he just entertained us. He loves to have an audience. Here he is at the park... LOVE THOSE EXPRESSIONS!

In other Ancelet news, Avery will be starting swim team on Tuesday. I am excited for her to be a part of something that will push her a little bit. She is busting with excitement. After watching Michael Phelps at the Olympics this year, she decided she wanted to be a swimmer. She always has really enjoyed swimming. So we will be spending LOTS of time at the pool this summer.
Aidan found his love ... just yesterday... BASKETBALL. Maybe we can start saving for a goal. He played at a friends and did really well. He was glowing after making a few baskets! AND Aidan learned to ride a bike with out training wheels. Just about 2 weeks ago after we moved into the house. We live on a cul desac and he just went out there and took off! We were blown away!
Addie is so busy being a mom to Abel that she hardly has time for anything else. She drives him CRAZY. Yet, she is the one he wants to be around. It's too cute.
Ted has been working at church with Youth and teaching on Sundays. He has also been working for an organization called REACH. He is currently working with the city on their Ten Year Plan to end chronic homelessness. It's been an amazing opportunity for him. He is honored and humbled to be a part of the process.
I will try to be better about blogging. I am looking forward to a great summer!


3 comments:
Love the update!
I love the green, that's what I painted the exterior of our previous house! We are in Austin now and loving it.
lovely update. it has been so long since i've had time to read blogs that i feel somehow complete now seeing abel and catching up with your beautiful family. also--can't help it--love the new lens. mind if i ask what it is? you have such amazing eye for composition. oh how i wish i lived closer to have you photograph my daughter and me. best wishes in the new home, melissa
Post a Comment