Sunday, March 29, 2009

RACE DAY!


Today I ran in the Knoxville Marathon Race. I ran the relay.... 4 of us as a team completed the entire Marathon course.

MEET MY TEAM! Me, Becky F., Lindsay and Chelsea!


Becky ran the first leg of the race, Chelsea ran the second, Lindsay ran the third (and longest leg), and I ran the fourth!
Becky came in averaging a 9 min mile! We waited for her at the relay tent (this is where we are in the picture above). We took a quick picture together because Becky had to leave us (she needed to get home). Then Chelsea took off. She averaged a 10 min (maybe a little less) mile. I heard from other runners that she had the HARDEST part of the race. Lots of hills! YOU GO GIRL!
Lindsay ran the third leg of the race. She ran 8 miles. She averaged 8 1/2 min miles! I was SO PROUD OF HER! She thought it would take her an hour and a half. WRONG... I was in the porta potty and then chllin' with Abel on my hip and there she was... waiting for me (OOPS... Sorry, we lost a few minutes there).
Then I ran the last leg of the race. It was a RUSH! I averaged a 10 min mile. I slowed down after about 3 1/2 miles to drink water and was having a hard time getting going again. Then I met a girl named Katherine. She was struggling as well so we finished the race together... encouraging each other to keep running.
I LOVED MY RUN... I got to run over the Gay Street bridge and then run right through Market Square. I finished my run with my team mates waiting outside of Neyland Stadium for me. We all ran in to cross the finish line together.
We ran the ENTIRE MARATHON (with 4 fresh set of legs!) in 4 hours and 18 minutes! WOOT WOOT!
(Above) - that's us running through Neyland Stadium. The finish line was on the 50 yard line.


Crossing the finsih line! BEST FEELING!!!!


It was celebrate the race day! We ate out with the Crenshaws for dinner. My friend Becky is the one who challenged me to do this on January 1st of this year. I am so glad she did! What a huge blessing!
Becky ran the half. She completed it in 2 hrs 13 minutes! Her husband Brent ran it as well. I am so proud of the Crenshaws!

7 comments:

Jana said...

Yea for running!!! Isn't it the best?? Hey, I wanted to let you know that we finally made a decision and chose Austin, Texas. We are stoked and excited. Thanks so much for giving us info about Knoxville and Texas. If you're ever back in Texas...I would love to meet you guys. I accepted a job in the ER at St.Davids in South Austin.

Eastiopians said...

You Go Girl!!!!

marla said...

Way to go Tracie!! That's awesome!

emily said...

So proud of you! Way to go friend. :)

Sweet T.E.A. said...

Way to go girl!! You all did great!!! What an accomplishment!

The Gresham Clan said...

Great job Traci - that is AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO in awe of my running friends!! Good for you!!!