Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Retreat Fun!

We had our Women's Retreat this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We grew in relationship with one another through the opening of the WORD, meeting in triads (groups of 3), and having LOADS OF FUN. I wish I would have taken more pictures but I was too busy listening, talking, Karaoking, dancing, doing hair, laughing SO HARD, etc.
On Saturday we got some free time and I did GLAMOUR SHOTS. It was so funny! It was not a planned event. It started with me just curling my friend, Christy's hair. Then I decided to make her look like Deb from Napoleon Dynamite. I was crackin' up. Then I decided to make it a mini glamour shot. (none of the fancy make-up). We found Peggy's scarf to add the "Glamour" effect. OH MY! What fun!

My second victim ... I mean client.... ROBIN.

This reminds me of the Dreamsicle Angels I collected in the 90s.



Laughter is one of my favorite things in life!


This is my crazy friend, Emile. How about this shot... We were trying to do "high school senior" pictures with the rose. But she decided to go for the CRAZY STALKER in high school look.
If you ever meet Emile, ask her to tell you her most embarrassing moment story. You will laugh so hard, you'll cry!
And while you are having Emile tell you her Embarassing story from 8th grade... have her tell you the jungle juice story too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY! I'll never forget your dance moves! YOU CRAZY GIRL YOU!


Me and my homie...

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You girls are hilarious! I was cracking up at your pictures :)

Laurzie said...

How fun is THAT?! Gotta love retreats. :)

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

Hilarious!!!! I totally did glamor shots when I was younger. I have to say they look strangely similar to your pics.
I haven't been able to get onto your blog for a while for some reason. It keeps saying it is blocked. For some reason it worked today. It is good to see what is going on with you guys. Your family is so beautiful.
I also meant to ask you if you still see Becky Kaler much? We had a family over the other night that is good friends with Becky's brother and sister. There names are Mike and Corri Rusch. She may know them. Anyways...they are about to be on the wait list adopting from Ethiopia. I just thought it was cool to see yet another connection. Small world!!! Sorry for the crazy long comment!
Erin

Anonymous said...

YAY for girlfriends and retreats!! looks like so much fun!