The picture I saw while reading that verse was my parent's grave with a flower blooming on top of their burial site. My beauty for ashes... Little did I know, our precious Abel would be born two days later on the exact anniversary of my mom's death. THE FLOWER... THE BEAUTY FROM ASHES!
In that same time, knowing that we were adopting an orphan, I was able to thank God that I knew in a SMALL (very small) way what it felt like to be orphaned. Though I was 25 when my dad died and 27 when my mom died, I still longed for them and knew that they were not coming back. I began to THANK GOD for this gift of knowing a small part of my son's heart... even though I had no idea who he was or when he'd be OURS.
WELL... HE IS SUCH A HUGE PART OF OUR LIVES! Here he is with a picture of my mom and dad next to him.
Who's birthday is today? MINE!
ALSO CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK.... Our precious AVERY. She turned 8 on Monday. I wanted to post that day but things have been moving faster than I can! We will be celebrating her birthday this coming weekend.

AND... ALSO CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK... Our brave and noble knight, AIDAN! He will be 6 on Friday and we celebrated his birthday this past weekend.

I use to to say that my joy sandwiched my sorrow. Avery's birthday being the 3rd and Aidan's the 7th and then my mom's death occurring on the 5th. WELL... HE HAS GIVEN ME A GARMENT OF PRAISE INSTEAD OF A SPIRIT OF DESPAIR. We are celebrating today!! WHAT GOD HAS DONE! He has taken my mom home and given us NEW LIFE to celebrate.
Just wanted to share this JOY with you! May you FIND HOPE in the midst of your sorrow! We serve a MIGHTY GOD!
9 comments:
Absolutely beautiful. What an awesome God we serve.
Happy Birthday to all of you and I'm so happy that God has brought you so much joy out of your grief. I can't believe that Abel is already a year old! So sweet!
Love,
Stacy
What a beautiful post, Tracie!
Wonderful! I love that the Lord cares about our suffering and adds perfect joy to it. We have a couple of those stories, too. :)
Happy birthdays all around!
So sweet. Your children are lovely.
thanks for sharing both your mourning and your dancing!
Hi there lovely.. I love reading about your heart!! We have much in common with the loss of our Moms and the birth of our children! My little HaL was born on what would have been my mom's 48th birthday (five years after her death)! It was like you said, a day of great joy, and deep sorrow. When I had Hal I brought a big picture of my mom and put it by my bed in the hospital. I know she wasn't really there but having her picture made me feel like she was a part of that most glorious day!!!
Anyways, A huge Happy birthday to ALL your little ones!!! I can't believe how old everyone is getting! When I met you, you had two toddlers and a five year old... Crazy! talk to ya soon, Kacy
PS, How exciting about Dorothy, huh?????
Happy birthday to all of your children! What a mighty and amazing God we do serve indeed!
okay my phoen is still lost since the party. hope u havent been trying to call and think i didnt pick up. i am in nyc for a wedding now. text josh for the number of this phone i am on. xoxo
Post a Comment