Thank you Uncle Sam (IRS... Mr. President... US of A)... this year, we put our economic stimulus to good work. I am sure if we would have given it much more thought, we could have put it to even better use (college funds, groceries... etc).... but NO.. WE BOOKED A TRIP TO DISNEY.
It seemed rather like an "A HA" moment.... we find out about the "economic check" and about that same time we hear about the DEAL OF A LIFE TIME (not really but you get my point)... discounted tickets, free dining week, and friends that wanted to go at the same time. It was a YES for us! When we booked the trip we had like 150 days until departure... WELL, TIME FLIES!
WE ARE HERE!
On the BUS to Epcot. Our family had only been to Magic Kingdom so Epcot was new to us. We had a great time! The family we are traveling with ... The Hornes ... they are GREAT PEOPLE! We laugh and think "What have they gotten themselves into... Traveling with the A-Team"
Here we all are on Day 1. At Epcot we did SO MUCH. Here are the highlights for me (I would take a survey of the family... but they are all sleeping and of course, I am up! I have sleep issues when I am not in my own bed).
My favorite at Epcot... the ride, Soaring. The ride where it feels like you are hang gliding. I will NEVER hang glide in my life ... so that was a BLAST for me to experience!
Funniest moment of the day... We went into a sea turtle show and Crush from Nemo talks to the audience (which is AMAZING!). He is animated or computer generated... whatever that is called - haha! ... well, he hears Abel squawking and says "I'm sorry dude I don't speak Dolphin". It was so funny because Abel was the only baby in the show and Crush talked about him a few times ...
The whole gang!
The whole gang!
I have and will have so many funny stories from this trip... of course, 4 kids will do that for you! I want to memorize everything they are doing and saying because it is stealing my heart!!! (I will have to tell the story of our "beach picture"... I'll tell it later. We tried for that family picture on the beach... long story short... my kids were SOAKED before the camera ever pointed at them. Not just wet... SOAKED!
So when we got this picture (below) with Belle and everyone is looking at the camera I said "this just might have to be our Christmas Card picture". Maybe I could photoshop Belle out - ha!
Here's my boy (below) in a little African section at Epcot... Africa is not a country in their "countries" but it has an "outpost" ... not sure what that means... but my boy loves to beat on the drums! He is always beating on something!
I love this Mickey Mouse doll. I didn't buy it but I so wanted too. I wanted Abel to just want to cuddle it but he looked at it, hugged it and then threw it out of the stroller. If he can live with out it... I can live with out paying for it!
OH - the reason I titled this post "It's A Small World..." is because at Epcot, we ran into someone we met on the plane when we were coming home from Ethiopia with Abel. They had just adopted a little girl from ET. Her name is Ella... anyway... I see the husband/dad walk by and I couldn't remember his name so I scream "HEY!!! I KNOW YOU!!!!" It was so fun to run into Joel and Jennifer. Their baby girl is getting SO BIG!
DAY TWO
One of my princesses!
I'll take the one in the middle!
MY GIRLS!
Can't remember the name of this ride but it's where they tell all the "punny" jokes. Well, Aidan was asked to drive the boat. We were so proud. We were cheering him on.
We had lunch with Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too! (and Piglet and Eeyore).
Favorite memory of today for me... Riding the rides with the kids. Addie rode Splash Mt. and she CRIED... HARD! Then a few hours later she said "I want to ride it again". So we did... TWO MORE TIMES. This is the time of year to come to Disney because there are NO LINES (It could also be because of the Hurricane... which we have not had any bad weather here). WELL... we are on our third time to ride Splash Mt., when the ride had a MALFUNCTION... while we were on it! NO big deal... just me and three of my kids on a ride (Ted was sitting out with Abel... he's not fond of the water in this ride). SO I had to keep them entertained in a log for 3o min.

10 comments:
Oh, I was wondering where my blogging friend was... I hadn't seen any posts in awhile. But, you are having fun at Disney!!!! How fun, fun, fun! Your pics are amazing and it sounds like you're having a great time.
Enjoy!!
-Suzi
wow, it looks like you are having a great time!!
and, it looks like you have some helpers traveling with you...that must be nice!!
i love the picture with abel and the fuzzy mickey...such a sweet face :)
i absolutely cannot stand it! i want to be there so bad! have so much fun! keep on posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you all are having fun! Score on the no lines. I'm jealous! I'm curious how many pics you will have in the end? We miss you! Ride the monorail for us (my kids fav ride--go figure).
I have never had even the smallest desire to visit disney... until reading this post. I think I might have to plan a trip for my two girls in a few years! Thanks for showing it to me in such a special way:)
Have a great vacation!!
Awesome! The picture make me want to be there right now. We are going for Christmas this year. Yep, the busiest time of year. :) We always said that we would take Eva on a big trip before we had another baby. No time like the present since we are adopting!
It really is a small world! You must have been in Ethiopia around the same time we were, since I believe we met the same Joel and Jennifer as we were leaving with our son, Dinkeneh. Too fun ;).
PS. Morocco is an Epcot country, and it's on the continent of Africa. Probably not quite what you were looking for, but... :)
Oh how fun! My brother in law is there right now on his honeymoon. :)
I LOVE the pictures and stories - what an incredible trip!!! I love the picture of Abel looking right at the camera w/ Mickey - SOOOOO adorable!! You look like Bell in that one picture - gorgeous :)! I'm so happy your family is having such a wonderful time!
Kristin
Post a Comment