We had this right outside our complex.... I felt safe with Buzz protecting me :-)
Do you see Avery at the feet of Buzz. That's how HUGE he was.
Sweet Savanna (from the family we traveled with) had a few sick days. She wasn't feeling good this day. Our family headed out to Magic Kingdom first and then met up with Angela and Samantha later at MGM (Hollywood Studios).At Magic Kingdom... WE MET MICKEY ... and HIS GIRL MINNIE WAS THERE TOO. We didn't expect that! We were so excited to see her!
Minnie played peek-a-boo with Abel. It was precious!!!!!!
After riding our favorite rides at Magic Kingdom (Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain), we headed to MGM.
We didn't know it was NIGHT OF JOY... which is a Christian concert weekend at Disney. We didn't have tickets to it but the artists were Chris Tomlin, Mercy Me, Rebecca St. James... and MORE! HOW COOL?! I was kind of hoping we'd see Chris Tomlin on one of the rides. I actually met him one time before (YEARS AGO !!) and he looked at me like I was SO weird! haha... surprise surprise! I saw him in a hotel and walked right up to him to tell him people we knew in common. I'm sure every one plays six degrees of separation with him. I don't think it's his favorite game.ANYWAY... No Chris Tomlin or Michael Phelps (A friend told me she heard he was at Disney the same time as us).
.jpg)
If you knew me, you'd know... I will just about do anything. So I volunteered myself for some show at Disney (MGM). It was my movie debut... don't I kind of look like I'm on Apollo 13 or something like that. Well, if you saw my acting, you'd think it was a SAD remake of the movie Airplane. I didn't really hear the instructions that the lady told me (she was talking so fast) and so LONG STORY SHORT... I looked like a fool. We got a good laugh out of it though. Especially when the guy said "HIT THE DECK" because it was a "mock" movie set and a torpedo was crashing into the water. I saw the water splashing up and instead of hitting the deck, I threw my arms in the air like I was a kid running through a sprinkler. I heard the audience laugh... had no clue they were laughing at ME!This night we went to the Fantasmic show. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!
One thing Disney does well... IS EVERYTHING! But this was UNBELIEVABLE! and scary too. They definitely have the scare element down at Disney!
DAY 6
We spent our last day at MGM. It was my second favorite park. I loved it! This is the order of my favorites... Magic Kingdom, MGM, Epcot and then Animal Kingdom.
After coming in and going straight for the Rockin Roller Coaster, we went to get fast passes to Toy Story Mania (LOVED THIS RIDE... I REPEAT ... LOVED THIS RIDE). After the fast passes, we went to the show Beauty and the Beast. It was EXCELLENT! It had the BEST preshow!!! What we thought were maintenance guys were really this singing group. One guy acted like he was doing a mic check and then bowed... the audience clapped and so he went back to the mic. Then 3 others joined him (but in the most comical way) and they were this incredible singing group. They did all their music with their voices. I can't explain it but it was SO GOOD! And then we thoroughly enjoyed the show as well.

This little guy (below) loves STARWARS!

Here's my favorite ride... Toy Story Mania. I wanted to ride it OVER AND OVER... only problem. The wait was an hour long. I only got to go on it two times.

Look at that face!I would like to thank the academy....


After we left MGM (and I dried my eyes... because I was slipping into my Post Vacation Blues), we headed to Downtown Disney for dinner.Here are S and S with Cinderella... wouldn't they be great princesses at Disney?
This was one of those moments I want to keep forever in my mind! Addie was dancing in the streets. There was music playing and the girl could not contain herself. She started HARD CORE dancing. Then she started doing the robot. I could hardly stand it! I wish I had a video camera!
This was one of those moments I want to keep forever in my mind! Addie was dancing in the streets. There was music playing and the girl could not contain herself. She started HARD CORE dancing. Then she started doing the robot. I could hardly stand it! I wish I had a video camera!
I have a few more pictures from our last day... and then I have some fun character pictures.... I am gonna share more. I am trying to figure out what to do with all of my pictures. I think I took about 900 pictures. Ok.. maybe a little less... BUT A LOT!
Thanks for reading about our time at Disney. It was such a HUGE deal for our family to get to go. What a blessing! We are so grateful!!!! We don't know when we'll get to go again but what a great time and what great memories!
8 comments:
Looks like you had some wonderful family time!! Good for you guys!
Michelle
Oh how I cannot wait to take Gabre to Disney.
What a treat!!!! I am so stoked that you were able to go to Walt Disney World... My mom was from Florida and so a couple times when we would go to Florida to visit family when i was young we were able to visit Disney World... I'm glad I have that memory of being there with my mom :)... I'm so glad that you were able to make so many memories with your kiddos and your hubby...
PS... I got to see Dorothy and Daniel last week while we were in Texas :) We talked about how cool we think you are :)
PSS... My man and your man's bday's are just a few days apart :) So fun! Happy Birthday Ted :)
How fun!!! You guys definitely know how to have a good time and it's fun to see the pictures. Is Abel ever NOT smiling? Can't wait to see you guys again soon...so glad you were able to have such a fun week!
Love,
Stacy
Go Addie Go Addie Go!!!
Sooo glad you all had fun!! i miss you.
Talk about SUPER FUN! Wow, that looks completely awesome!
ohmygoodness, it looks like y'all had a FABULOUS time!!!
Scott and I are leaving on Oct. 3 to go for our 11th anniversary. It will be a much different trip since it's just the two of us, but man oh man, your pictures have made me even more excited--if that is possible!
Post a Comment