Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ethiopian Picnic...

There is such a large Ethiopian Adoption community in our area... and it keeps growing! I have really enjoyed getting to meet people at these gatherings. I have had to miss the last two because of weddings or events on those days. I was so excited when our calendar was open for this day!

Here are some pictures I took while out at the picnic... I wish I would have taken more!

a7 copy

Addie is crazy about Mya and I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual. The two of them stick together when we all get together. It is so cute to watch Addie with Mya. Mya is the daughter of my friend, Julie. Julie and her husband Josh, went through the process the same time we did. Abel and Mya were in the same holding home with AGCI and actually slept just a few cribs apart.

a6 copy

a8 copy

a4 copy

a1 copy

a10 copy

I met this little one when her momma brought her home from ETH. I can not believe how much she has grown... I just was giddy seeing her at the picnic! What an adorable little girl... Her momma would talk to her and she would just respond. WHAT A PRECIOUS BABY GIRL - well, she's almost TWO!

a3 copy

a2 copy

Here is a shoot I did of her when she first came home
http://anceletphotography.wordpress.com/2010/03/12/meet-miss-anna/

How fun seeing these three boys ride in this car... HOW CUTE!
a9 copy

Her parents hosted the get together. They have a beautiful farm... SUCH A FUN FAMILY! How adorable is Miss Ayla?
a12 copy

Ted and a few kids went for a paddle boat ride
a13 copy

and then there is Miss Macy...
a11 copy

Don't you love her pom poms in her hair?
a14 copy

What a great day! I got to meet a lot of kids that have come home recently. I really enjoyed visiting w friends.... I HEART ADOPTION!

No comments: