Sunday, January 31, 2010

WINTER ADVISERY! (gotta love it!)


We have had some serious snow here. I would say we had about 3 inches. We are use to living in Texas (well, we've been here for 6 years) but SNOW is not a part of our lives. We have loved it but I honestly am over it! It is beautiful to look at but the driving... not so much fun :-)

Because we are ILL PREPARED for snow, we have NO SNOW clothes or equipment. So we used laundry baskets. Behind our back yard there is what I call a crater. It's a "run off water place" - that's a direct quote from Ted. Thank you Ted. Well, it's never full of water and it's awesome when it snows because it's like a BIG HUGE BOWL to go sledding in. So that's what all our neighbors and kids did (Well, Aidan and Abel opted to stay inside w Daddy).
In the picture above... Addie fell out of her laundry basket... so she just went down on her tummy.
Sweet girl
Make a train!!! They did this over and over again.
None of the kids above are ours but I thought it was too cute not to take a picture of.

Addie... sitting in the snow.
Avery - WIPE OUT!
The front of our house
I guess Mother Nature got our message... Now I need a sign that says "COME ON SPRING!"


This is our view from our front porch. SO pretty. I feel like it looks like a snow village. ok, the snow was fun. NOW BRING ON THE SUNSHINE!

2 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

Looks like fun, but I'm glad you have it instead of us... Hope you're all doing great!

Bloggin' Robin said...

Love the pics - I'm trying to get back to blogging - slowly, but surely!