We really had a great Christmas!
Thank you to Mawmaw and PawPaw (Ted's mom and dad)! They sent us some Christmas money and we put it to good use! The kids have been saving for special gifts so we combined some of their savings and the money we received and purchased them the gifts they had been wanting! It was so fun to see the surprise on their faces.
They were so excited to finally get these things on their wish lists... They were so grateful and that is something a parent takes JOY in... a child that is truly grateful for the gifts they have received!
I took a picture of each one next to their Christmas morning goodies.

We had to wake Abel up to get started in our Christmas morning festivities.
Can you tell he just woke up??This is Addie opening her American Girl Doll. She wanted the Addy doll. Addy is an African American doll. I love that this is the one she chose. I am thinking it had to do with the doll having the same name but she loves that her doll has brown skin... just like her brother :-)
Addie and Addy.
That day we had a low key, hang around the house and enjoy each other's company kind of day. Then that afternoon, I made a big pot of taco soup and the HORNES came over for dinner.
We had a BLAST!!!! We played Just Dance (the game I got for Christmas). We laughed and danced, and ate. Mr. Cliff and Aidan spent probably 2 hours putting together a Star Wars lego set they got him for Christmas. Abel got a soccer goal and ball from them...
We had a real sweet time at our Christmas Eve service as well. Thanking God for the sweet sacrifice of HIS SON and what this season means to us! We are so very thankful! We spent our 7th Christmas Eve at Granny and Papaw Cruze's house. We had a great time there. The kids love opening their gifts from Granny each year. Aidan got the Mario game for the Wii (fun for the whole family!), Avery got an art set and baby in my pockets. Addison got some barbie outfits and coloring activities. Abel got some really fun toddler toys.
SUCH A FUN CHRISTMAS. WE ARE SO GRATEFUL! THANK YOU GOD FOR THE GOOD YOU HAVE BESTOWED UPON OUR FAMILY.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you are back to blogging! I've missed your posts!!
Ok - truly my favorite picture is you with the Wii game -- too fun!! Sounds like you all had such a special day!! Love you - Amanda
Post a Comment