Tuesday, June 2, 2009

FAMILY DAY!

We went to the mountains on Sunday for a family day. It was so good to just be together and hang out for the day. We got donuts on the way out, went and threw rocks at the Mountains (the kids' favorite), went and drove Cades Cove (BEAUTIFUL!) and then went through Pigeon Forge. It was FAMILY FUN!

Abel loved the rocks. He has such a good time picking them up and throwing them.
Aidan found big rocks! They all had a rock collection. We told them they could bring home 2 rocks each (I think Ted changed it to three) but they had to be SMALL.
Abel would get a rock in his hand and then back up to Ted so he could help him throw it. PRECIOUS!

Of course, I had my camera out there... I had fun taking pictures of nature. It was a GORGEOUS day!


This is how we spent of first part of our time... all 4 of the kids in the water. We forgot to bring towels but we did bring a change of clothes for each of them.


This is our drive through Cades Cove. If you are ever in the Smoky Mountains, you have to drive Cades Cove. It is 11 miles long. It is absolutely gorgeous. This was a picture I took from the passenger seat... you can see the side mirror view as well.
We saw 4 bears. This one was the closest we saw. What kills me is that people get out of their cars (WITH THEIR KIDS) to look at the bears. Not us! I will just look from the window.

We also saw deer. Several of them. Here is one.

Here is one of those guys who got out of the car to get closer to the bears.


See the three black dots... those are black bears. I think they were cubs... You know what they say... if there is a baby bear, there is a momma bear close by. That guy above... CRAZY! I chose to stay in my van, with my zoom lens...

FAMILY DAY = GREAT DAY!

6 comments:

Eastiopians said...

So beautiful! Family days are the best.

Kristi J said...

beautiful pics...What fun!! kj

Amber said...

your pictures are always amazing. Looked like a wonderful time had by all!!!

Amy said...

great pics as usual! Looks amazing! We are coming to Franklin TN in October!! Hoping to meet Julie... maybe you guys too?

Dawn said...

GREAT pics!! I love seeing Abel grow - I picture Jaxson looking just like him in a year. :)

Melissa said...

love the new lens! look at those beauties. hope to see you pass off the camera so we et a glimpse of the proud mama too. that being said, the glimpse we have from your focal point is pretty spectacular.