Friday, June 12, 2009

SWIM TEAM - GO WAHOOS!

We had our first swim meet this week. It was on Tuesday night. This is Avery's first year to do swim team. It has been so much fun. I know it's a lot of practicing but I love that she is learning to be disciplined. She loves going and is enjoying being apart of this team.
Meet the Wahoos. I thought they made the word up... but it's really a fast fish... who knew! Just thought this was a cool picture. There are 130 kids on the swim team. This picture shows warm up time.

Great coaches!
My sweet Avery... Getting ready to practice before the meet.

Before every meet, the Seniors do a skit to get the team pumped up. Then they do cheers. It was so much fun. Avery was grinning from ear to ear. We actually WON THIS MEET!!!



Coach Brad leading the team in GROUP CHEER



OH MY... These ladies make life fun! I met Amanda (on the left) about 3 years ago. She has adopted from Liberia and that was an instant connection for us (adoption). Then, this summer...to my sweet surprise, I met Andrea. She is FUNNY! Look at that face she is making. It cracks me up. She is constantly saying something that makes me laugh.



Here's my girl swimming back stroke. I was so proud of her.


FUN TIMES!!!

2 comments:

emily said...

Go Avery!!

The Gresham Clan said...

Looks like she's doing amazing!