Friday, August 15, 2008

WARNING! SPOILER ALERT

We have a little problem... Aidan lost his first tooth (WHICH I AM PUMPED ABOUT).... but we don't have a dollar to be the tooth fairy. Sorry if you didn't know that she or he isn't real. I'm guessing since the tooth fairy is a fairy, it's a girl... but who knows :-) It's 9pm... do we go out and get a dollar?

Our kids know we are the tooth fairy. No fun huh? We are "those parents" that don't do the Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy thing... We do give them the money still to reward them for losing a tooth (How did that get started anyway?) They get gifts at Christmas but we really try to focus on the gift, Jesus. And I have no idea how a BUNNY got to be involved in Easter but we don't do the basket thing. Though we do the egg hunt at church (which is so much fun). AND WE TELL THEM NOT TO TELL THEIR FRIENDS. We explain to them that their friend's parents will tell them when the time is right :-)

All that to say they still expect the "tooth fairy" to show up! Aidan said to me as he was going in to go to bed "Don't forget to find a dollar." How cute! He knows I never have cash on me (Ted doesn't either).
Surely we have 4 quarters or something!



Here's a picture of our boy with his missing tooth! YEA AIDAN!





Also... I think Avery has been inspired by Michael Phelps (is that his name?). He's the Olympic swimmer (if you've been in a hole somewhere). She got in the pool tonight and started swimming laps. We joined a community pool this summer and usually she is all about play. Tonight, she got in the pool and just started swimming laps. It was precious. Ted and I were cheering her on like she was Michael (or Michelle - ha) Phelps. We were so proud of her! No picture of that... believe it or not, I do not bring my camera EVERY where we go. (ok, I have it 90% of the time... but not tonight).

5 comments:

Coffeybunny said...

We do the same, no Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy. We've also told B to not ruin other kids' fun.
Did you find enough $ for the boy?
;)

Hillbilly Rockin' Robin said...

Yep - same philosophy on the Santa, Bunny, stuff. However, I have found that it is much worse to have to say "I forgot to put money under your pillow" than to say, "The tooth fairy must have been really busy tonight...I'm sure she will come by tomorrow." Ugh! Yes, once we did forget to leave money and, let me tell you, it was horrible!!

Jana said...

Meris is starting to get her first loose tooth. She is very stressed about this. "Oh Mommy, it's going to fall out tonight! Do I need to go to the hospital?" So she discussed the issue with her cousin who apparently has a very well paying "tooth fairy", she gets 5 bucks!!! So now Meris is under the impression she is going to get $5. She is going to be so sad!!!

diary of a suburban momma said...

We don't do the guy in the red suit or the bunny either. Our girls are so little. How in the world do you handle it when they go to school? I am so perplexed! My girl is such a truth teller that I am convinced she is going to tell. Please help:)

Bloggin' Robin said...

finally have some Guatemala pics up - more to come!!