Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My baby girl is growing up...

Ok.. So she's not a baby by any means... but I still see her as my first born baby girl!
Well, she went to school for the first time today. I almost cried taking her in.
She is in 2nd grade and we have home schooled exclusively the past 2 years. We did some enrichment classes at Thursday school (where I teach).
This year, we have joined a co-op and she is going to school 3 days a week (only until 12:30) but it is a change. She will be away from me for 12 hours a week (who's counting). I love my time with her. I just knew it was time for more structure in mine and her life. On her days to be home schooled, they tell me exactly what to do with her. HOW GREAT IS THAT?

My dad had me do a picture like this on the first day of school EVERY YEAR... all the way through school. I am doing this in his memory and to honor him. I will take a picture of Aidan tomorrow ... it will be his first day of Thursday school. He is a BIG KINDERGARTNER this year! Time flies!!!

----------------------

Several people say to me "I don't know how you do all you do." Well, I can't. Ted has talked a lot to me lately about keeping first things first. My first things are JESUS, Ted and the kids. I adore all of these FIRST things but I sometimes let second things take over my life.


I have so many second things that are constantly calling my name. Photography, stationery (which I am not longer really doing), being an adoption advocate, RELATIONSHIPS (w/friends... which seems to be a third thing right now and I miss it so much), PEP Moms (which I missed the first meeting because I was going back to first things first), Mentoring young girls (Tori and Samantha, I have NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU! Just waiting til the dust settles from LIFE), LIFE Group (which I love and laughed my head off at last night... sorry other members, I was struggling from a HUGE case of delirious laughing)... etc.

I use to even read blogs and have time to be a part of on-line support groups... that seems like a distant memory.

PS - Is anyone else BAWLING watching the Olympics?
Last night when Shawn Johnson won the gold and to see her parents embrace in the stands... OH MY. I could hardly stand it.
Then now with May/Walsh and May spreading her mom's ashes... OH MY.
I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a good balance! something i know i am lacking. i need to get my act together :)

Michael and Michelle said...

Tracie,
Your daughter looks beautiful!!
So you can home school and send her to school??? REALLY??? I am having a really hard time sending my "baby" girl to kindergarten.
I should just email you:)
I hope you have an OK day without your sweet girl....I really do know the feeling.
Michelle

Jocelyn said...

You do so much and it looks like with ease!! Your kids look so happy!!

Dawn said...

I did a post a couple of weeks ago called "Remember the Mayo Jar". Check it out - I think you'll like it.
~Dawn
p.s. she's gorgeous!!

Blog Shmog said...

She's so cute. I would be crying too. It's true that you can't do everything. I have a HUGE list of things I wish I could be doing. I really have to let a lot of it go for now but it's hard. You're doing a great job!

Abby said...

When our oldest started kindy (she attended public school k-2, we hs now) I cried for the 4 hours that she was there.

Is she attending the same school Cynthia's son?

Hoping you are well,
Abby