I have been asking Ted for a LONG time and he said "NO WAY!" Well, today... he just felt different about it. He would always say "No for now... it won't be no forever... but I want to know that our kids are going to take responsibility". We had a big talk w them about it and they are up for the challenge. They are BEYOND excited - but SO AM I (and so is Ted!) :-)
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.... MEET..... CANON!!!

Here's how the story goes...
We had lunch today at Dead End BBQ here in town - 5 stars from the A-Team!!! We talked about getting a dog at lunch but I didn't really think it would happen. We headed down to a puppy place in town and Ted - who normally stands w his arms crossed and shakes his head NO when I show him a dog, walked up to this dog and pet his head. This was NEW BODY LANGUAGE for Ted. I went over and saw the dog that he was paying attention to. I picked him up.... the kids came running up to see him. He seemed so chill. I thought maybe he was drugged (There are a lot of dogs in this store and they all seem a little too chilled out). The lady said it was his temperament. We took him to a little area to put him down and play w him. He was so responsive to the kids. He played w them and they just loved playing w him.
I asked the lady if she would go down in price on the dog. They did go down in price.... BUT we left WITH OUT the dog. We all struggled to leave him there but we knew we needed to think about it more.
Ted and I made a plan for me to go get the dog and surprise the kids. I had a few photoshoots today and so when I finished I went and picked him up. I took him to the store to meet a few of his "doggy needs" (and my dear friend, Christy came w me) and then I came home w him.
Can you tell how excited they are???

When the kids saw him... THEY GIGGLED. Then they hugged me and then hugged Ted thanking us for letting them have a dog. We had a few visitors to come and meet Canon. The kids loved taking him outside. We all cheered when he tinkled and they kids watched him eat every bit of dog food.

(Charlotte and Critter came to see the puppy... they brought along their friends. They were having a cook out and just had to come and see the kid's reaction to a puppy dog).
I was trying to think of a name for him and thought... CANON - PERFECT! With my photography business it just seems fitting to name the dog after my camera :-) The kids and Ted agreed. Abel wanted to name him Buzz or Woody... So glad Canon won the vote.
Ted and I both have been so surprised by how excited Aidan has been about Canon. He came into my room after 11pm and said "mom, I just can't sleep I am so excited!!!" I agree!
I knew Addie needed a little puppy when a stray dog ran through our house once - YES, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT... THROUGH OUR HOUSE. Addie took care of him. She gave him water. Sat outside w him (he was just about as big as she was at the time). She LOVES animals. I can't wait to see her interact w him and be the nurturer that she is.
Canon is a Dorkie dog. His is daschund/yorkie mix. He will be about 8 to 10 pounds. His birthday is Jan 24th (I think).
WE ARE THRILLED W OUR NEW ADDITION. Many more pics to come...
1 comment:
Ooooh is he ever cute!!
By the way, let me know if you want to update the header photo to something a little more current!
Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com
Post a Comment