Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Few Funny Ancelet Kid Stories...

Abel story:
In looking for a 10 dollar bill this morning and telling my kids we'd leave for the swim team pizza party once I found it, Abel tells me he has it... Breaks out a lunch box (which he packed w 5 granola bars and 3 mystery fruits from a tree in front of the pool)... He pulls out $100 dollars. He got into my bank deposit to have some snack bar money!!! What????
I am so thankful I lost $10 in order to find $100!!! Note to self... Keep EVERYTHING out of reach of Abel.


Addie story:
It was bed time this past Saturday night... Avery was having a friend spend the night and Addie came in my room and said "Nobody likes me"... I figured it was because her sister and her friend maybe weren't paying attention to her. I said "I like you... in fact, I love you. Why don't you come crawl in bed with me and let's hang out." She walked out and decided to go cry to her daddy. Ted was finishing his prep work for the sermon on Sunday morning and Addie went to him... "Daddy, nobody likes me." He said "Addie, why do you say that?" and she said (as she was crying) "no one likes me because I am so different". He said "What makes you different?" and she said "Everyone else was born in Texas and I was born in Tennessee". REALLY? (did I mention that my sweet Addie tends to be a little dramatic). Ted reminded her that though we (being him, me, Avery and Aidan) were all born in Texas... but Abel was born in Ethiopia. So you both weren't born in Texas and It makes you special... not different.
She didn't buy it.

Another Addie story...
Today I was braiding her hair and we were heading out to meet friends for icecream. I said "You guys need to be on your best behavior when we go to Chic Fil A". She reached her pinky back to me... I instantly got where she was going with it... She was giving me a pinky promise that she would be on her best behavior. I said "Addie! A pinky promise?! Thank you!" and she replied "this pinky promise is JUST GOOD for today". :-)

I seriously have something happen just about every HOUR that I could write down.. I never do. I need to. I decided to start putting them on our family blog so we can remember these things that happen. Life goes by too fast!!!

I love being a mom... it is such entertainment! and hard! and fun! and trying!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hehehehe just made my day! Thanks Tracey!