Thursday, September 24, 2009

Precious Moment in the Car

Last night I was driving home with Addie and Abel. Ted has youth group in our home every Wednesday night so I always go out with the little kids and run errands. Last night, we went to TJ Maxx. It was a fun trip... looking for a dress for an upcoming wedding and getting Avery another pair of jeans because the girl is growing like a weed.

We get back into the car to come home and I have the radio station on 88.3. A song comes on and Addie says... "Mommy, I think this is a God song." I said "Yes, baby, it is.". So we listened to the song. Then another song came on. This one was by Dave Crowder. It was called "You never let go.". She is listening to the words and talking about the song... She says "Mommy, is the person singing this song dead?" I said "No, babe he is not." She said "It says God never lets him go." (I think she took that literally... like God is holding Dave Crowder in heaven). I told her that God is with us here.
She said "God is every where." I said "Yes, he is" and she said "he is in our house, he is in this car. He is in everybody's heart". (Ok... I wish you could hear Addie talk while you are reading this because it's the cutest thing EVER!).
I said "Addie, God is in the hearts of those who believe in his Son, Jesus Christ and who have recognized they are sinners and need forgiveness. Those who ask him to live in their hearts.. He is in them". I then said "Addie, do you know what a sin is?" She said "No." So I explained to her when we are ugly to other people and when we lie (keeping it simple)... those are sins. We are sinners.
She said "like Avery?" (that is where a HUGE CHUCKLE IN ME ROSE TO THE SURFACE - but I did not let it out). I said "Addie, Avery is a sinner but so am I. So are you. We all need Jesus... not just Avery." She said "Yes." I explained to her how sin keeps us away from God but Jesus came and lived a sinless life. And he was the sacrifice for our sins on the Cross. I kept it simple but I could see that she was understanding me. (as I looked at her through the rear view mirror).
She said "Mommy, I want to ask Jesus into my heart... will you help me?"
I said "Sure Addie"
and then my PRECIOUS DAUGHTER ADDISON KAYLEE gave her heart to Jesus. Right there in Ted's car on Bakertown Road.

The greatest part of the story (besides the part about Jesus!) is that I made a wrong turn last night and we were lost for a several minutes. Had I not made that wrong turn, I would have gotten home before the Dave Crowder song ever even came on.
I AM SO THANKFUL FOR WRONG TURNS IN LIFE! Because there was NO WRONG in that turn... it was JUST WHERE WE WERE SUPPOSE TO BE!

Praising Jesus today for my precious daughter Addison. Her name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life!

14 comments:

Three2Five said...

I have goosebumps! Thank you for the reminder that wrong turns in life can be something to be greatful for!

Troy said...

this is amazing!

PRAISE GOD!!

what a moment...

Janet Hall said...

Precious! God is so good and he never lets go.

Ethioguatemama said...

Chills! What an awesome story...thanks for sharing!

natali said...

what an awesome testimony she has!

John and Heather said...

AWESOME! That brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for sharing...it did my heart good! :)

Michael said...

That was BEAUTIFUL!! Praise God for sending His son!!! I am so excited for Addie.......she just had the most important day/moment of her life!!
AWESOME!

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

grace4cyn said...

What a beautiful story! PTL! Welcome to the family Addie!

demp5 said...

Woohoo! There was some dancing going on in heaven last night :)

nell ann said...

Such an amazing moment for a parent -- and to know you were there and held her hand along the way. So precious. : )

Kelly Stockwell said...

That is so incredible. Praising the Lord with you!

Clark Family said...

That is the best story I have ever heard!!! And it's a moment that I hope with all my heart to have with my own children someday when they are ready!!! I sure do miss your blog and your family. I hope that everything else with life is going great for you and your whole family!!!!!
Love ya friend.

Molly and Brad said...

This brought tears to my eyes! :) I pray for our little Sam every day, that even now God will whisper to his heart. I'm so happy for you as a mama and so happy to call your baby girl my sister in Christ. woo-hoo! :)
sincerely, - Molly Warren

Josh and Kristi said...

What a wonderful story, and a great reminder to fill our children's ears with the right music...love David Crowder!